- The competition is open to anyone who is a resident of the United States at the time of application.
- Former first place winners are not eligible to compete in the same division.
- An applicant may enter more than one division provided each application is made in accordance with the age requirements and other regulations.
Please determine the appropriate division according to your age as of November 15, 2018.
- A teacher of applicants participating in the Primary through Senior divisions must be a member of the Society of American Musicians.
- Membership applications and dues must be submitted by December 15, 2018 in order for the students to enter in the competition.
Applications and fees must be submitted by December 15, 2018.
- Applicants applying for more than one division/instrument must pay an application fee for each division/instrument and fill out separate online application form for each division/instrument applying for.
- Applications submitted after December 15th will be considered as a LATE APPLICATION. Late applications must include $25 late fee in addition to the application fee.
- The FINAL DEADLINE is December 30th. Applications WILL NOT be accepted after this date.
- Contestants will not be allowed to compete if the appropriate fees are not paid in full. Refunds will not be given unless there is a cancellation of a particular division.
- Teachers shall be responsible for reviewing all information pertaining to the competition including rules and regulations with their students.
If fewer than five contestants enter any division, the competition will be cancelled, and application fees will be refunded.