- Judges will be selected by SAM. Any and all decisions made by the judges are final. If, in any division, the judges decide that no contestant is sufficiently qualified to receive an award, no award will be awarded.
- Judges will be behind a screen for all divisions and instruments.
- Based upon the number of participants, judges will have the right to limit the contestant’s playing time.
- Judges are prohibited from judging their own students.
COMPETITION & WARM-UP SCHEDULES
- Participants and their teachers will receive notification via email with information about the competition schedule.
- Audition times for each contestant will be determined by random drawing.
- Each contestant will be assigned a warm-up time at the Music Institute of Chicago. If the participant misses his/her warm-up, another schedule will not be given.
- Any contestant found warming up on the premises of the Music Institute of Chicago in a room and/or time that has not been assigned to them by the Artistic Director, will be AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
- The Society of American Musicians does not assume responsibility for the engagement or compensation of collaborative pianists for participants or winners appearing in the recital.
- Contestants are not guaranteed a warm-up time with their collaborative pianist.
Participants will be automatically disqualified under the following circumstances.
- Any participant found warming up on the premises of the Music Institute of Chicago in a room and/or time that has not been assigned to them by the Artistic Director.
- Failure to bring two clean copies of their music to the competition where required in the brochure.
- Appearance of the participant’s or their teacher’s name on the copies of music.
- Performing the incorrect repertoire.
- If the participant is found to have exceeded the age eligibility.